CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

VARK Score

Here are my results from the VARK questionnaire:

Visual: 4
Aural: 2
Read/Write: 8
Kinesthetic: 2

The only surprise for me was that I did not know that there was a learning style scheme that included a read/write component. I'd only previously heard of the visual/auditory/kinesthetic system. Of those 3, I would certainly have pegged myself as a visual learner, which is supported by the VARK results, but with the read/write component included, I had no doubt that that would be my strongest learning style. I've always been a big reader and continue to do most of my professional continuing education through reading and writing. I've never been one to re-write class notes, but flashcards and repeatedly re-reading notes have always been staple study techniques for me when large measures of memorization are involved. I think most academic study is geared to a read/write learning style which is to my advantage.

0 comments: